dyban blog Thoughts on Los Angeles, Media, Politics, World Affairs, and Misc. Commentary

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Baby Cards and Presents

Mike Schneider mentions on his FranklinAvenue.net the plethora of holiday cards he now has to buy – including cards to his wife Maria and to his own mother from his 4-month old son, Evan.

After all, I now needed to get:
Birthday card for Maria, from me
Birthday card for Maria, from Evan
Mothers Day card for Maria, from me
Mothers Day card for Maria, from Evan
Mothers Day card for my mom, from me and Maria
Mothers Day card for my mom, from Evan

This reminded me of numerous birthdays and holiday gift-giving occasions when kids not old enough to stand up on their own give gifts to adults, such as their mother/father/aunt/uncle, etc. Example:
Baby gives his/her mom a Christmas present (that, of course, dad bought).
Baby gives his/her dad a present (that, of course, the mom bought).
This is cute – ONCE. In a lifetime. Going through this numerous times at a gathering of adults/kids, multiplied by number of events per year, is annoying as hell. And I am not embarrassed to say it for all those who are.
For the record, I love kids and they love me back. Really.

1 Comments:

I don't believe that there are any children who like you. I demand some sort of proof.

Add a comment