dyban blog Thoughts on Los Angeles, Media, Politics, World Affairs, and Misc. Commentary

Monday, April 11, 2005

First Redesign

This blog has finally been changed over to what I hope is a more pleasant look. I found what I thought was an even better layout and color scheme, but could not get the CSS to mesh into the Blogger template.

I Googled for more templates, and finally found a clean-enough layout. With about three hours worth of modifications, it looks a little better. I will continue to refine the look until I get fairly satisfied. Would like to hear your comments on the colors, fonts, and layout.

This week will be rather busy, yet I still hope to finish the big post I have in draft mode. For the time being, amuse yourselves with Google's new satellite Maps. This site has direct links to some famous locales. Or go to Google Maps and click on “Satellite” in the upper right.

Flickr has a group called Memory Maps, where users use the satellite photo feature to find their hometowns, etc., and create maps, using balloons that pop-up as you scroll over the photos, to point out places where they grew up, went to school, etc.

1 Comments:

I do not like this template.

Add a comment