dyban blog Thoughts on Los Angeles, Media, Politics, World Affairs, and Misc. Commentary

Monday, March 28, 2005

Crowded House

Driving on the 10 from Downtown just after midnight (after not being able to get an extra ticket to the very last sold-out entry into the Body Worlds exhibit at the CA Science Center), heard on KFWB 980 that Paul Hester, the drummer from Crowded House, committed suicide in Australia. Now, I did not even know that Crowded House was from Australia, let alone the names of the members of the group, but I sure as hell remember their composition Don't Dream It's Over . It very, very clearly reminds me of 1985-1986, a period I remember most, most fondly. I even did a little Yahoo! search to see when it was released - June 1986 (I would have bet it was in 1985). It is always sad when something from your youth disappears.

1 Comments:

Alas, I did not know he had died... now more than two years later-sad. Yes, don't dream it's over-- more importantly--- that perfect line beckoning for the top three of my distant but ever-looming tombstone tags: "There is freedom within, there is freedom without; try to catch the deluge with a paper cup."

So where have you gone to Dyban?
Don't dream it's over-- hmm 1985-- it was 115 in the shade here that summer. I remember my flip flops melted on the assfault. That sums up 1985... so long ago n'est pas? When did we get old??


~ GPB

Add a comment